Congratulations on joining Birth Coach Method Members!
This site is where we host all of our online classes for professionals in the field of birth support.
Birth Coach Method is committed to helping you establish your leadership position by teaching you how to integrate the coaching principles and strategies into your birth support practice. Whether you are a childbirth educator, a birth doula, a prenatal yoga teacher, a labor and delivery nurse, or any other practitioner in the field of birth support, our excellent online classes, and our live workshops will leverage your practice. The Birth Coach Method philosophy has been developed through my blog posts, and you can find it now in my new book: The Art of Coaching for Childbirth; Integrating the Coaching Principles into the Field of Birth Support, published in November 2016.
If you are already a birth doula or certified as any other type of birth caregiver, this site is a great place for professional development and for adding more skills and knowledge.
Below, you’ll find links to all the important areas of your membership site. Please note that we grant you access to our online programs in accordance with your membership level, and you are always welcome to upgrade your membership and get access to more areas by purchasing them on our store. In addition, please remember that your access is time restricted and is not a lifetime access, , so use this time wisely. Please let us know if you have any questions.
For basic information on how to navigate the website click here
For classes’ descriptions click here.
For more information regarding the program, including requirements, supervision and certification facts, please click here.
- Physiology and anatomy of birth
- Prenatal care and possible complications
- Stages and Phases of labor
- Early phase of labor– theory and practice
- Active phases of labor – theory and practice
- Transition phase of labor – theory and practice
- The second stage of birth – theory and practice
- Common medical interventions in labor 1
- Common medical interventions in labor 2
- Fear, pain and the medicalization of birth – historical and spiritual perception
- Relationship in labor and delivery
- The baby in birth and throughout the postnatal period
- The mother in postpartum period
- Breastfeeding basics
- Establishing the birth coach practice