Congratulations on signing up as a Birth Coach Method Member!
This site is where we host all of our online classes for professionals in the field of birth support.
Birth Coach Method is committed to help you establish your leadership position by teacing you how to integrate the coaching principles and and strategies into your birth support practice. Whether you are a childbirth educator, a birth doula, a prenatal yoga teacher, a labor and delivery nurse, or any other practitioner in the field of birth support, our excellent online classes and our live workshops will leverage your practice. The Birth Coach Method philosophy has been developed through my blog posts , and you can find it now in my new book: The Art of Coaching for Childbirth; Integrating the Coaching Principles into the Field of Birth Support, published in November 2016.
If you are already a birth doula, or certified as any other type of birth caregiver, this site is a great place for professional development and for adding more skills and knowledge.
Below, you’ll find links to all the important areas of your membership site. If you are a Full Program member, you have access to all our programs and classes, so please feel free to peruse the site. Please note that we grant you access in accordance with your membership level, and you are always welcome to upgrade your membership and get access to more areas. Please let us know if you have any questions.
For basic information on how to navigate the website click here
For class descriptions click here.
For more information regarding the program , including requirements, supervision and certification facts, please click here.
- Physiology and anatomy of birth
- Prenatal care and possible complications
- Stages and Phases of labor
- Early phase of labor– theory and practice
- Active phases of labor – theory and practice
- Transition phase of labor – theory and practice
- Second stage of birth – theory and practice
- Common medical interventions in labor 1
- Common medical interventions in labor 2
- Fear, pain and the medicalization of birth – historical and spiritual perception
- Relationship in labor and delivery
- The baby in birth and throughout the postnatal period
- The mother in postpartum period
- Breastfeeding basics
- Establishing the birth coach practice